Thursday, January 20, 2011

POW #3

You know life without a dog you had for 14 years of your life is hard. I miss my dog, wish I could of spent more time with him. This picture reminds me of all the good and bad times I had with him. My dog and I have gone through a lot, and thats all I can say. We have been through my mom leaving, moving to Missouri, and the move to Olathe.

Before my dad and I moved to Missouri, my mom and I took Ernie to the dog park a lot. It was so fun seeing him play with other dogs, playing in the lake, all of that and more. I remember one day the most. Bringing him home from the dog park, he was between my mom and I in the truck. I rolled the window down to far, he jumped out of the window. Good thing we were just pulling in the driveway.

Then when we moved to Missouri, and he lived with my dad and I for a couple of years before I took him over to my grandma's house. Before she had the back yard, I had to walked Ernie. Oh the one day he saw a dear was fun. NOT! He took off after a dear, and I thought he was going to go up to the highway, and get hit. Good thing for neighbors dogs because that was the only thing that stoped him. My grandma finally caught him, and a year after that she put the fence up for the back yard.


Then in July of 2009, him and I faced another changed in our lives, it was the move to Olathe! By this time he was getting really old. I knew it wasn't going to last much longer, and that's why I took as many pictures of him as I could. Then around August and September of 2010 is when I had to start thinking the worst possible thing, putting him to sleep. I knew it needed to happen because it was getting to where I was carrying him up and down the stairs, and he was having accidents.

These pictures of him remind me of how much he was there for me, how much trouble he was, but how he was a good dog. I miss him, but I know he is in a better place now.

No comments:

Post a Comment